Thursday, February 09, 2006

Korean Pancake

We have moved our site to http://chowtimes.com

He who goes to bed hungry dreams of pancakes. ~ Maltese Proverb I prepared Korean Pancakes for a light dinner tonight. It is a batter with vegetables and meat. For meat, I used luncheon meat. Pancakes are apparently popular in the Korean culture. There are many types but the one I prepared tonight is the vegetable pancake. The pancake mix costs about $2-$3. Other ingredients used are carrot, suey choy, cilantro and luncheon meat. You may substitude the luncheon meat with other meat like prawns, baby oysters, etc.

Here is how I prepare it:

I first grate the ingredients into small pieces.
I then mix the batter with same amount of water and the mix. I whisk the batter until it is not lumpy.
The chopped ingredients goes in at the same time -- and mixed well.
I put a ladle of mixture into the pan -- and pan fried each side for two minutes
I then turn the pancake over after two minutes to fry the other side. I serve it in hoi-sin (seafood) sauce.
This is a quick and healthy meal. It just took me about 20 minutes to prepare the meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home