Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Deluxe Lunch from The Hub

We have moved our site to http://chowtimes.com

Saying goodbye doesn't mean anything. It's the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it. ~ Trey Parker and Matt Stone Today is my last day of work and I have one last lunch -- this time with the folks of my Genco project. We normally celebrate project closeouts by eating out but opted this time to have the food catered from our cafeteria, The Hub. See that handsome chap below? He's the employee of the month because of his effort on the Genco project -- helped the company eliminated a bunch of unproductive work. This guy is a genius, I kid you not.

Jackson (our Iron Chef) specially prepared Asian food because most of the team members are Asians. Jackson and his team prepared what he called the Deluxe Lunch with an Asian Twist. The costs were just $11.95 per head. This is what we got for a dozen loonies:

For starters we had egg rolls, or is it spring rolls? The folks are adamant that it's called egg rolls even though I can't find any evidence of eggs on them. Well, I was told that the eggs were used to make the skin/wrappper. What do you think it should be called? Yum-yum.
This seems like the favourite among the folks. It's called pancit (pronounced as pan-sit). This is apparently a Filipino type noodle. Pancit means long-life and is a must-have during birthdays. Nice.
We had a lot of Sticky Rice leftover. It tastes nice but it's just that it does not look appetizing. I like the dried prawns (Cantonese har-mai, Filipino hibi) and the mushrooms in it. So-so.
The meat platter has Thai Curry Chicken Breast and Pork Chop. The Curry Chicken breast is not really spicy. The pork chops were huge -- I saw a piece that measured 8" by 6"!! Everyone liked the chicken breast. Thumbs-up!
This platter consists of Vegeterian Samosa and Fried Kalamari Rings. The Samosa was much bigger than the ones we buy outside -- probably explains why most stayed away from it. Jackson should make them smaller. Not Bad.
Here is the usual fruit platter consisting of grapes, watermelon, strawberry and honey dew. Sweet.

We had a lot of food leftover and brought it down to IT to share. I sent out an *itall notification and the food magically disappears in just two minutes -- it always does, amazing. Apparently, the two words "free" and "food" are the best words to have on email headers if you want people to read it.

Well, this is the last of the series of lunches at Best Buy. To everyone in BBYC who reads my blog, I want you to know that I had a blast the past six years. I am really proud of being associated with all the good work you have done. Remember this ... to me, you all are the BEST, Numero Uno, Second to None.

Keep in touch through chowtimes. Love you all!!

Alright now, I have a bunch of name cards in mint condition, never used ... any takers?

He he he ... I just logged onto Pluto. My ID still works ... amazing! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home