Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Commute

We have moved our site to http://chowtimes.com

Last night I made a thousand plans, but this morning I went my old way. ~ Chinese Proverb OK, I know this is not about food but I thought I have a break and blog about something I love to do very much -- biking. Well, many of you already know that I am leaving Best Buy. It's been a long six years and my last day at work is next week. Today is about the only day I could bike to work and so I thought I make a change and blog about my commute to work. My new place of work will be further and worse, I will have to navigate two killer hills. I guess it'll be a while before I get the chance to bike again.

I took it easy and stopped at various points to take pictures. Here is what my commute was like:

I started off at 7am, much later than my usual commute. I mean, I am no longer in a hurry to get to work early. I always enjoyed this short part of the commute ... the South Arm Park
The snow fell at the North Shore mountains again the past weeks. I find this is the beautiful side of Vancouver and am always awed by the mountains, particularly in winter.
I looked east while biking along Garden City and saw the silhouette of Mount Baker. I tried to catch it on camera but the clouds obscured it somewhat. Anyway, the sun rise was beautiful. It's a beautiful day for a ride.
I cross over to Vancouver thru the Oak St Bridge. Heavy traffic over the bridge as usual but there's an advantage on this stretch on a bike.
Once in Vancouver, it's on the Kent Bike Route all the way to the office in Burnaby. I will miss this route having travelled countless times and do seem to know every part of the route.
I stopped by the Fraser River side and saw someone working on a log boom. As I took the picture, I saw the pilot stared at me. I quickly put away the camera and biked on.
I normally don't bike on this trail and stay on the asphalt. For today, I thought I take the more scenic route. I like this way because I get to greet people along the way. This is the friendly route.
Ah, spent 6 years in this company. Saw it grew from strength to strength and today we have no peers in North America. Great people from who I learnt so much.
Back to the desk. See that piece of pita? Well, it's Suanne's creation. I'll tell you about it next time.

3 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 03:45:00 AM, Blogger JYap said...

I see the blank space too. Try this -

Here is what my commute was like:(BR)
(BR)

but change ( ) to < >

 
At 1/25/2006 05:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the blank space - I looked at the segment source and noticed about 30 {br} (can't do HTML in comment, so assume the {} are <>) tags - that's a line break if you don't know, the equivilent of pressing "enter" over and over again.

Congrats on your new job - wish mine was within bicycling distance.

 
At 1/25/2006 06:18:00 AM, Blogger Bloody Caesar said...

Hi John and Jonathan:
Oh gee ... thanks for checking it out. I learnt something new today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home