Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bak Kut Teh Instant Noodles

We have moved our site to http://chowtimes.com

Not the place where I was born but where I hang my hat is home. ~ African Proverb

We found Bah Kut Teh instant noodles in the shops not too long ago. Although BKT is a common dish in Malaysia served with steamed rice but we have never come across a BKT flavoured instant noodles.

The instant noodles BKT costs 69 centes -- not cheap as far as instant noodles goes. Unless you read chinese, you will simply miss this on the store shelves. I mean, BKT should show a simmering pot on pork, shouldn't it?

There were two packets of seasonings. The bigger packet contained the spices which gives the BKT flavour. For some reason, the packaging also included a packet of chilli powder. The BKT soup has never been cooked with chilli and is not supposed to be spicy, so this comes across to me a strange.

This A1 brand noodles is made in Singapore. Although BKT originated from Malaysia, I don't think any Malaysian companies will manufacture BKT instant noodles because of its association with pork. :-)

The noodle was not too bad except that I can detect the spicyness. The spicyness spoils it for me. The smell sure smells like BKT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home